Throughout the last two years, I have written many things about Christian attitudes and aspects of Christian love. At times you may pause and wonder: Is there any way to grow and learn those attitudes.
For myself, I have already begun looking at the next verse of 1 Corinthians 13. We are about to reach verse 6.
This is a verse about joy. What are we getting joyful about?
You are perfectly right, if you say, joy is an attitude too. Nevertheless, I feel this verse points us to a way how to learn and adopt aspects of Christian love.
My advice is as simple as this:
• Do spend time reading, studying and meditating the bible.
• Do spend time praying to God.
• As you read the bible and as you pray, examine your own heart. Allow the Holy Spirit to speak to you. Allow God to show you what you are really like.
• Confess any of your shortcomings to God. Ask for his forgiveness.
• Pray for spiritual growth in your life.
Above all this, I would suggest: Enjoy doing these things.
At times you may feel tired. At times you will have to discipline yourself to read the bible and to pray. Yet as you carry on seeking God joy will come.